- Contact us
NUMECA, a worldwide operating CFD software company (http://www.numeca.com), develops engineering flow simulation software widely used by engineers and designers in a large range of fluid engineering applications, from Aerospace, Power Generation, Energy to Race Cars and Yachts. NUMECA is rapidly expanding, with a 2 digits growth rate over the last few years, and is continuously looking for young and senior talented coworkers. The company has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium), subsidiaries in San Francisco (USA), Mons and Leuven (Belgium), Tokyo (Japan), Bangalore (India), Beijing (China) and Hong-Kong and is active worldwide through its network of agents and partners in Asia, Europe and America. The company employs over 100 persons in Belgium and around 130 worldwide.
To further sustain and accelerate its growth, NUMECA is looking for a Software Engineer - Robust Design Optimization, to join the NUMECA International team based in Brussels.
As a Software Engineer in the Robust Design Optimization team, your responsibilities will include:
- Propose software solutions responding in the wide sense to all aspects of engineering design optimization, i.e. developing the tools design engineers use to improve the shape of their design
- Implement highly object oriented code (C++) in accordance with the software architects
- Build the graphical user interface of the developed solutions (Qt) collaborating with our Products & Applications teams.
- Follow up developments with quality during the testing phase.
- Support teams in application of new functionalities.
As a software engineer joining us, you have the unique opportunity to contribute to the next generation of multidisciplinary design optimization software, which is used by engineers to improve their products and come up with new product designs. You will develop and contribute to dedicated tools all along the entire design optimization chain, such as robust and reliable design optimization, uncertainty quantification, multi-disciplinary and multi-fidelity optimization, machine learning, data mining or data analysis. The challenges are various and you can make an impact not only on the next generation software we develop, but also help engineers around the world to come up with better product solutions. This is embedded in an international and multicultural environment.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or equivalent is a prerequisite
- Good knowledge of object oriented programming
- Knowledge of algorithms and software integration / engineering, LINUX
- Good knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Python, Qt/Qml and of Agile methodology would be a plus
- Knowledge of machine learning would be a plus
- Optimization background is not required but would be an asset
- Fluent English language is a prerequisite for the role.
- Dutch and French are a plus.
You are highly motivated, you should be a self-starter with a problem solving attitude, you assume full ownership of assigned tasks and have pro-active communication on encountered difficulties. You have a team oriented mindset, with a focus on customer orientation and product quality, and ideally a passion for programming.
We offer to work in a stimulating, young and multicultural environment, and to be part of a dynamic and growing company. We propose competitive package (including profit sharing) and excellent job growth opportunities and mobility within NUMECA Group.
Please send motivation letter and resume plus relevant technical papers, reports, references, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate clearly the reference job number : DEV2018-01.