HEXPRESS: Unstructured Full-Hexahedral Meshing
HEXPRESSTM generates non-conformal body-fitted full hexahedral unstructured meshes on complex arbitrary geometries. In addition, the advanced smoothing capability provides high-quality boundary layers insertion.
- Full Hexahedral Grids (no prism, no tetrahedra, no pyramid)
- CAD manipulation and decomposition tool
- Mesh wizard for rapid solution set-up and easy back and forth operations
- Buffer cell and boundary layer insertion for high quality cells in boundary layer region
- Multi-domain capabilities allowing the treatment of CHT and multi-part geometry models
- Full non-matching multi-block connection, allowing multi-row turbomachinery meshing.
Customization to User Specific Features
- All commands python based and accessible through scripts
- Users can develop their own scripts for batch mode operation into CAE design cycle or optimization loop.
From left to right: Complex hub/propeller interaction (Courtesy of IHC Dredger International and ECN/CNRS), Brussels Rogier Center, Turbo compressor meshed with a combination of AutoGrid5TM and HEXPRESSTM.