AutoGrid5: Automatic Full Hex Multi-block Structured Meshing of Multi-stage Turbomachinery
AutoGridTM is a full automatic hexahedral grid generator for all type of rotating machinery: complex axial, radial, and mixed-flow configurations.
The wizard based interface brings increased flexibility in grid topology. From left to right: user-defined topology, butterfly tip gap mesh, splitter blades, or tandem configuration.
- Optimized topologies according to geometrical configurations;
- Automatic grid points distribution according to user's grid size requirements;
- Free user-defined topologies;
- Advanced smoothing algorithms yielding a high grid quality;
- Multistage and bypass configurations;
- Capturing a large range of geometrical features, such as tip and hub clearance, seal-leakages, rounded and blunt leading and trailing edge, spinners, flow path discontinuities, rotor/stator, inner/row interfaces, non-axisymmetric end walls, bleed ports, cooling holes, tip basins, part-span shroud, etc.
- Grid wake refinement;
- Full connectivity with IGGTM (NUMECA's general structured multiblock grid generator), allowing to interactively mesh up- and downstream components such as nozzle, volute, ducts, condensers, etc.;
- Advanced template and script technology for automated meshing of features such as fillets, leakage paths, cavities, etc.
From left to right: automatic meshing of a multistage axial turbine - blade to blade mesh for multistage configuration - cooling channel meshing with IGG.
Left to right: fillet meshing - automated skin HO topology - non-axisymmetric end walls.